Welcome to Hayes Hudson's House of Horror (4H)

Your online source for Horror news, info, and reviews. I cover new and classic Horror, as well as Exploitation and Cult films. I also discuss books, comics, games, toys, clothing, etc, as long as it pertains to the Horror genre. My movie reviews are short and to the point, as I know when I come across a long review, I tend to skip that one. I hope you enjoy your time at my House of Horror! Come on in!

Sunday, June 12, 2016

Do you know the story about D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince's lost "Nightmare on My Street" video?


 I don't know how I didn't know about this, but apparently  all copies of the original video for the song "Nightmare on My Street" by D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince was forced to be destroyed by New Line Cinema.    I had never heard about this before, so I apologize if I am bringing you common knowledge.  

  I heard the song today for the first time in years and thought it would be fun to post about it on my blog and post the video for everyone to enjoy.   Well, that was easier said than done,  because as soon as I started by search for the video it was nowhere to be found.  There are lost of fan-made videos for the song, but the original video seems to be lost forever!

  Apparently the music label didn't get permission to use Freddy Krueger's name/image, so New Line Cinema sued and the case was settled out of court, with one of the stipulations being that all copies of the video be destroyed.  Now that wouldn't work in today's internet age....there would be copies out there to find for sure, but this came out back in 1988, so there is no evidence of the video left at all, which is very sad.  I remember it being a very fun video, and the actor that portrayed Freddy was pretty good if recall correctly.

 So, my challenge to everyone reading this is to find a copy of this video!  Someone has to have an old VHS recording of it somewhere!   If you find a link to a copy of this video, please let me know.  Until then, here is the audio of the song so you can at least listen to it if you haven't heard it in a while.  It's a really fun song!



No comments:

Post a Comment